August 16, 2008

Girls Night In

This really isn't much of a family event but I would love to share some photos. I am a Brownie Girl Scout Troop Leader for Troop #141. Tonya Chapweske is my Co-Leader and she is a great help. She keeps me on task and helped tremdously with the structure of meetings. (Thank you Tonya!) It will be my third year as leader starting in September 2008. Each year the Girl Scout Service Unit (all the Girl Scout troops) plans certain events for all the Girl Scouts to attend. One of those events is the Mother/Daughter or Father/Daughter event. Our troop planned the Mother/Daughter event this year and it was called A Girls Night In. It was a blast! We had 6 stations setup in the gymnasium at a local church. There was makeup, nails, hair, food, photos and games/movies. Rhonda Holland, a local Mark Kay demonstrator, provided makeup instruction. The girls put makeup on mom's and mom's put makeup on daughters. Wow, was that fun! I never new I liked blue eyeshadow! The nails were self service, moms and daughters put polish on each other. For the hair station, which took the longest, we had 7 local hair dresser's volunteer their time to do hair for all the momas and daughters. Sarah Bice, Kathy Lawrence and Georgina Long from The Rave; Tanys Taylor from the Mane Cut; Jaci Sloan from Imagine That ; Jillian Gentry from The Cottage Salon; and Beth Watts from The Escape. They had the hardest job and all were wiped out by the end of the night! We had fondue and Italian Sodas for food. Alex Holland and a friend and 3 kids from the Highland Dancers, manned the food booth to make sure everyone was able to get what they needed. The last stop were games and movies. Everyone played games together and some of the younger girls watched movies that played continuously. The last station that anyone visited was to get photos. Lori Fahrenbruck graciously came in at the last minute and agreed to do photos for us. She did an amazing job and everyone had a great memento of the night. The evening was a big hit. Everyone had such a great time and I have already had requests to do it again next year. Now that I have this one under my belt I know what we could do different/better next time!


























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory